Eligibility and Application
Who is eligible to apply?
ACU students who are second semester sophomores, juniors, and first semester seniors are eligible to apply. Students must also be enrolled full-time and in good academic, financial, and conduct standing.
What are the requirements?
- Minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA
- Enrolled at Arizona Christian University for at least two concurrent semesters
- Evidence of prior involvement at ACU (student leadership, music, athletics, etc.)
- Demonstrate a maturing Christian faith and commitment to the mission and standards of Arizona Christian University
- All interested students are required to submit an application and, if chosen, participate in an interview with the Study Abroad Selection Team
Do I have to submit an application?
All interested students are required to submit an application and, if chosen, participate in an interview with the Study Abroad Selection Team.
Where can I get an application?
What is the application timeline?
The application timeline differs based on the semester you intend to attend. Below is a chart outlining the timelines for both fall and spring semesters.
|Fall Semester (2018)||Spring Semester (2019)|
|Information Session||September 12, 2017
3 – 4 p.m.
|January 24, 2018
|Information Session||September 13, 2017
3 – 4 p.m.
|January 29, 2018
|ACU Application Opens||September 15, 2017||February 15, 2018|
|ACU Application Deadline||September 30, 2017||February 28, 2018|
|FAFSA Submitted to ACU (For Spring)||February 28, 2018|
|Interviews||October 1 – 31, 2017||March 1 – 31, 2018|
|ACU Decision||November 1, 2017||April 1, 2018|
|$250 Study Abroad Set Up Fee*||December 1, 2017||May 1, 2018|
|FAFSA Submitted to ACU (For Fall 2018)||February 28, 2018|
|First deposit due: $2,500**||February 28, 2018||July 31, 2018|
|Second deposit due: $2,500**||April 30, 2018||September 30, 2018|
|Third deposit due: remaining balance $7,500***||June 30, 2018||November 30, 2018|
|*For those accepted into the program. Fee is non-refundable.|
|**The first and second deposits are cash only.|
|***The third and final deposit can include any federal or other sources of financial aid|