Arizona Christian University President Len Munsil announced today that Pete Hamstra has joined the team at ACU as Vice President for Enrollment.

“We are excited about the significant experience Pete Hamstra brings to ACU in admissions and enrollment at a Christian university,” said Munsil. “His energy, experience and leadership will help guide us through our next phase of growth at ACU.”

Hamstra held roles as a Dean and Vice President in his 16 years at Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights, Illinois. During his tenure at Trinity, he had oversight of admissions, financial aid, development, and marketing and communications. Most recently Pete served as Dean of Admissions. Trinity is a Christian College in the Reformed tradition located in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. The school enjoyed enrollment growth from 600 students when he arrived, to nearly 1400 students today.

“It was exciting to see the Lord’s hand of blessing at Trinity and to be part of how He made that happen,” said Hamstra. “I am overjoyed that God is calling me now to serve Him at Arizona Christian University. I look forward to working with the great people, under excellent leadership, at this wonderful school. God is at work at ACU, and I am blessed to be a part of what He is doing here.”

“My favorite part of this work is the opportunity to share with prospective students and their families the value of the Christ-centered educaiton,” Hamstra said. “I feel incredibly blessed to be able to serve God here in my home state of Arizona.”

Pete and his wife Linda have been married for 27 years, and have three sons and one daughter. Caleb is a 2012 graduate of Trinity Christian College. Caleb was married to Erin last summer and the couple lives in Tinley Park, IL. Aaron is a senior at Trinity and hopes to complete Officer Candidate School this summer and accept a commission in the Marine Corps. Seth is a freshman at Trinity. Daughter, Raquel, will be enrolling at Northwest Christian School in Phoenix. She is a junior and loves tennis.