Online Student Academic Complaint Policy and Procedure
Arizona Christian University (ACU) is committed to providing online educational education programs that are biblically-integrated and true to our mission and vision. As such, ACU stands by its commitment to uphold the academic standards outlined in the catalog. http://arizonachristian.edu/online-support-services/
If a student believes they have an issue that requires attention they are to follow the ACU’s academic complaint policy and procedure, shown below:
- First, if the issue is related to an instructional or grading complaint, seek resolution by contacting and discussing the issue with the instructor of the class in question.
- Second, if a student believes their complaint requires further attention, or is not related to grading or instruction, contact the University’s Academic Center who will work with you to resolve the problem. Please send an email, by clicking the Academic Complaint auto-email link, describe your issue, and a member of the Academic Center staff will contact you as quickly as possible.
- Finally, after exhausting the institution’s internal complaint process, he or she can submit an external complaint to the Arizona SARA (State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement) Council.
Arizona Christian University is approved by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) as a SARA member institution (http://nc-sara.org). The University has reciprocity with other SARA states for its distance education programs. Please visit the NC-SARA website for the most current list of states that participate in SARA. Online students residing in a SARA state may appeal a complaint to the Arizona SARA Council (AZ SARA) for review after exhausting the institution’s internal complaint process. SARA complaints must first be submitted internally for resolution through the University’s Academic Center. The Arizona SARA Council will not review complaints regarding student grades or student code of conduct violations. For more information visit the AZ SARA Council website (http://azsara.arizona.edu).
To file a complaint against an Arizona SARA Council-approved institution, you must meet the following requirements:
- File within two years of the incident about which the complaint is made.
- Complete the institutional complaint process prior to submission with the Council.
- The complaint must be a formal assertion in writing that the terms of SARA, or of laws, standards or regulations incorporated by SARA, are being violated by a person, institution, state, agency or other organization or entity operating under the terms of SARA.
- You are a student of an Arizona SARA Council-approved institution.
- You are not a student, but have a concern about any of the above.
To start the process, select the institution from the drop down list and fill out the form. All Arizona SARA approved schools are available in the list. Your information will be filed with the Arizona SARA Council. If your institution is not listed, the Arizona SARA Council does not have jurisdiction. Please refer to your institution’s complaint process.
About the Filing Process
The Arizona SARA Council has jurisdiction over Arizona SARA-approved institutions in relation to non-instructional complaints. Instructional complaints, such as grade grievances, are not reviewed by the Council and should not be submitted for review. Prior to registering a non-instructional complaint with the Arizona SARA Council, the student/complainant must complete the institution’s and other applicable regulatory body’s official complaint process.