On Friday, March 10, the Arizona Christian University community participated in their annual “Day of Outreach” event, sending more than 270 students out to 12 different valley-wide locations to complete service projects. Staff and faculty spent the morning caring for ACU’s campus. Each spring all classes are canceled to dedicate a day to serving organizations, schools, food banks, churches, and neighbors across the greater Phoenix area.

Students spent the day sorting and packing food for those in need, creating scrapbooks for children in foster care, running a carnival for kids in downtown Phoenix, painting over graffiti, making cards for and serving a meal to the homeless, doing landscaping for an orphaned children’s home, and cleaning and organizing for a crisis pregnancy center.

“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me… Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:35-36, 40

“Day of Outreach is a great opportunity for our students to engage with their surrounding community,” said Jared Black, Dean of Students. “It also demonstrates how our faith in Christ compels us to go beyond our selves and be a blessing to local groups near our campus.”

Arizona Christian University would like to thank the following organizations for giving students the opportunity to live out the school’s mission to serve Jesus.

AZ Baptist Children’s Services

Christian Family Care Thrift Store

Crisis Pregnancy Center

DUCK – Downtown Urban Community Kids

Desert Mission

Feed My Starving Children

Graffiti Busters

Neighborhood Ministries Food Bank

Salvation Army

Sunshine Acres

Umom

Be sure to visit our Facebook page to enjoy photos of our students serving at these organization!

Pin It on Pinterest