Arizona Christian University is pleased to announce the signing of an agreement as an affiliated university allowing highly qualified ACU students to achieve early acceptance into one of Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine’s (LECOM) medical, dental, or pharmacy schools.
Starting immediately, incoming freshman or current ACU freshman and sophomores can apply with LECOM for early acceptance into medical school. If selected, the student is guaranteed admission to LECOM after graduation. Additionally, soon-to-be high school seniors can apply with LECOM and if accepted ensure their seat by attending ACU. In some cases, students with exceptional academic standing can begin their studies at LECOM before completing their bachelor’s degrees.
Advantages of this program for current and prospective ACU students include:
- Students accepted by LECOM are not required to take the MCAT;
- A reserved seat at your chosen LECOM school of study;
- Lower tuition compared with other medical, dental and pharmacy schools;
- A choice of three sites and distance education for pharmacy;
- Enrollment at the largest medical school in the country;
- No additional interview time or expenses;
- An opportunity to get to know LECOM students, faculty and staff.
“I am very excited about our new partnership with Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine,” said Dr. Warren Pettitt, ACU Department Chair for Science and Mathematics. “This partnership opens up a new world of opportunities for our students to advance to medical, dental, or pharmacy school and become influential Christian leaders in the field of medicine.”
High school seniors and transfer students can apply to Arizona Christian University HERE for admission to the Fall 2017 semester.
High school seniors and current ACU freshmen and sophomores can apply to the LECOM program HERE.