The Bachelor’s of Biology and Pre-Med Emphasis at ACU is designed for students whose goal is a career in medicine, health care or biomedical science. The curriculum is designed to acquaint students with foundational principles in biology, chemistry and physics required for application to postbaccalaureate professional schools offering degrees in medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, optometry, pharmacy, physician assistant, and other health related fields. Students also gain experience in practical laboratory applications as well as the technical skills commonly found in science or health care laboratories.
Professional training for future health care professions involves developing a wide range of skills as well as the ability to relate to people and deal with stressful situations. Health care professionals must display sound judgment, intellectual honesty and an adherence to high ethical standards. Arizona Christian University is committed to fostering both the cognitive and spiritual skills of its students.
Biology Program Objectives
Graduates with the Bachelors of Biology and Pre-Med Emphasis at ACU will:
- Be able to discuss the integration of faith and science from a personal perspective.
- Demonstrate knowledge of foundational principles in biology, chemistry and physics.
- Have practical experience in data gathering and analysis along with basic practical laboratory skills and routine laboratory safety.
- Be able to conduct laboratory experiments using instruments commonly found in science or health care laboratories.
- Explore externship options to further their interests in medicine, pharmacy, or research.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking and communication in oral and written formats.
What can I do with a
Degree in Biology?
- Continue to Medical School
- Laboratory Research Assistant
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Veterinary Science
- Pharmaceutical Sales and Research
- Science Teachers
Teaching is God’s gift to me; there are not many things more fun and challenging. But wait – I do love backpacking with my son. We have taken many trips around this country as well as Canada. I have to say that my favorite place has been the John Muir trail in the Sierra Nevadas. My beautiful wife is the “much better half” of our family. She has worked with abused and neglected children for about 20 years. (How can children ever be abused and neglected? It makes no sense to me.) Stop by my office at ACU and introduce yourself when you are on campus.
Arizona Christian University’s already popular biology degree just got even better! Through a unique partnership with Arizona State University, Arizona Christian University students can now get a Christ-centered education and obtain a bachelor’s degree in biology with numerous areas of concentration, including marine biology, sustainability, forensics, and environmental science!
For students who entered the program during the 2016-2017 academic year:
For students who entered the program during the 2015-2016 academic year:
For students who entered the program during the 2014-2015 academic year:
For students who entered the program during the 2012-2013 academic year:
For students who entered the program during the 2011-2012 academic year:
- Fall 2015 Course Schedule
- Summer 2015 Course Schedule
- J-Term 2016 Course Schedule
- Spring 2016 Course Schedule
- Fall 2016 Course & Text Report